With the football season closing up, I probably should share this meal I made back in October when we hosted our Sunday school class over for a party/UGA football game. I saw this on Pinterest a few weeks prior and totally wanted to try it at the party. I love bean dips, but I am not a big fan of sour cream, so when I saw this one without sour cream, I was very excited.
Below is the picture of the bean dip that inspired me. This comes from Tina on My Life as a Mrs.
1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
1 (15.5 oz) can of chili Beans
1 jar of salsa (8-12 oz)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese- Cheddar, Colby Jack, etc… whatever you like!
1 can of refried beans (I added this to my recipe version and loved the taste!)
2 oz of pickled jalapenos (I added this to my recipe version and loved the taste!)
1 1/2 cups of chopped onions and green peppers (I added this to my recipe version and loved the taste!)
1. Open the can of refried beans and layer down on a 8 x 8 baking pan (or similar size)
2. Open the cream cheese and spread over the refried beans- remember this works best if the cream cheese has had a chance to soften or has been heated just a bit
3. Open the bean of chili beans and drain before dumping the beans on top of the cream cheese.
4. Spread the chopped green peppers and onions on top of the chili beans.
5. Open the can of salsa and spread out over the onions and green peppers.
6. Take the shredded cheese and sprinkle and spread out over the salsa.
7. Place the jalapenos on the top of the cheese.
8. Put in the oven at 350 for about 25-30 minutes- basically bake until cheese is melted and sides are a little crisp.
9. Take out of oven and enjoy! Serve with tortilla chips!
This dip was awesome! It’s a fun version of the famous 7 layer dip that people like to make for parties. Again, I don’t like sour cream and am just recently starting to like guacamole (a little), so I’m not a big fan of the traditional 7 layer dip. This turned out great and was a BIG hit at the party I served it. There was little left- and I ate it the next day as a snack! I’ll for sure be making this again- in fact, I wish I had the ingredients to make this again!
Check out the original post:
Visit Tina’s post on her Easy Cheesy Bean Dip. Thanks Tina for a great idea and a great dip! Super yummy!!!